Young consumers in quarantines have fueled a boom for video game brands, and our most recent research shows it’s not slowing. The number of gamers is growing across gender and age. And with young consumers spending more and more of their time inside video games—especially in those that also double as social spaces—it only makes sense that brands would want to join them in those digital worlds.
This report dives into the current state of gaming, the motivations behind gamers’ desire to play (especially during a pandemic), and what brands need to know about video game marketing now.
Download the full report for insights on:
- The numbers behind the young consumer-driven video game industry boom
- The valuable benefits of gaming during quarantine and how it ranks against TV and movie watching as an entertainment source
- Females’ position in the gamer demographic and their gaming preferences
- Children’s affinity towards gaming and the role Millennial parents are playing
- The rapid rise of brand marketing within video games
Report length: 13 pages
Based on a survey of 1000 13-39-year-olds in the U.S., fielded November 2020
Additional survey content for Pro users: hours spent on gaming and other entertainment sources, devices used to game, attitudes and interest towards esports, esports platform usage, genres of video games played, favorite video game, participation in video game culture, gaming console preference and purchasing plans.