The nightlife scene looks drastically different from what it did pre-COVID, and it may be some time before it gets back to normal—if it ever does. Young people were a homebody generation even before COVID and being forced to stay at home has not changed that. In fact it may have shifted the preference to stay in rather than go out even further. Even young people old enough to drink are enjoying staying home and the majority don’t wish they could be at the bars more often. This report dives into nightlife during COVID, alcohol consumption now and post-COVID, and how, during a shutdown, brands can still reach young consumers.
Download the full report for insights on:
- How comfortable young people are with in-person nightlife and events right now, and what the future looks like
- What their post-COVID nightlife preferences will be, and how quarantine has impacted their homebody status
- How they’re shopping for alcohol now and what brands should be prepared for next
- Millennial parents’ unique attitudes towards alcohol consumption compared to their non-parents peers’
- How much young consumers are drinking now, and whether the interest in moderation is over, or getting stronger
- How the alcohol industry has innovated their marketing during COVID and what strategies should stay in their playbooks
Report length: 11 pages
Based on a survey of 1000 13-39-year-olds in the U.S., fielded October 2020
Additional survey content for Pro users: attendance to brand-sponsored night out or events, frequency of visits to nightlife places and events, types of alcohol young drinkers consume, favorite alcoholic beverage brand, considerations when shopping for alcohol, and more alcohol attitude statements.