Early in the pandemic, remote learning became a challenging reality for many students, and despite talks of taking a break or choosing to take a gap year to avoid the struggle, the vast majority of students decided to rejoin school for this fall semester. And with online school now the reality for the majority of students, at-home learning products, services, and assistance from brands is more significant than ever. But beyond the current status of school, YPulse is seeing changes on the educational path students want to take, revealing that higher ed needs to start rewriting their playbooks to stay relevant.
This reports dives into what students and parents need most from this school year, and what the future holds in young consumers’ educational pursuits.
Download the full report for insights on:
- The back-to-school products that become more popular this year due to remote learning
- The students who struggling with remote learning the most and what they need from brands
- Parents’ feelings towards their new role in the online classroom
- The increasing importance of affordable education
- Gen Z’s diminishing feelings towards colleges
Report length: 10 pages
Based on a survey of 1000 13-39-year-olds in the U.S., fielded November 2020
Additional survey content for Pro users: Back to school shopping spend, how and where they back to school shopped, influences on back to school shopping, what students want to study in college.