Young consumers spend an average of 4 hours a day on social media by their own estimations—and Gen Z is spending even more time on platforms than Millennials. But not every social media space is equal in their eyes or serving the same purpose in their lives. YPulse’s Social Media Deep Dive trend research looks closely at the most popular social media, digging into everything from what platforms are most entertaining to which starts the most trends. We’re laying out how the top platforms stack up against one another, then diving deep into the way Gen Z and Millennials are using each, from engagement to shopping and beyond. Understanding social starts here.
Download the full report for insights on:
- Which social networks are most popular among Gen Z, Millennials, males, and females
- The reasons why young social media users visit the top social platforms
- The top social platforms in terms of viral content, advertising, shoppability, and more
- The types of content young social media users want to see on the top social platforms
- Feelings young users have when visiting the top social platforms
Report length: 62 pages
Based on a survey of 1000 13-39-year-olds in the U.S., fielded February 2021
Additional survey content for Pro users: The social media app/platform they open first when bored, the social media platforms they stopped using and why, people they are most likely to find out about viral content from, and the benefits they receive from being part of a social media group.