New York, NY; Remote
YPulse is a leading youth market research company, helping brands like Spotify, BuzzFeed, Vans, and many more understand the next generations of consumers-and how to reach them. We research and engage Gen Z and Millennials in innovative ways every day, and infuse our editorial content with those insights. Our newsletters, insight articles, behavioral and trend reports are vital tools that keep major brands informed.
The YPulse team is a creative, hardworking group of researchers, writers, and strategists, constantly collaborating on projects and creatively working to deliver insightful and unique content. We’re excited to find a self-starting, passionate person to join our team!
The Editorial Designer is responsible for translating our research content into compelling, magazine-style reports each week. Primarily using PowerPoint, you will combine smart page layout, bold image choices, and sharp charting to bring our content to life for our readers and immerse them in the world of Gen Z and Millennials.
- Collaborating with content team to identify the design objectives for provided report outlines and/or existing content, and visualizing design based on presentation goals, and brand standards
- Curating imagery and graphics that support key messaging across deliverable types to create examples of best in class designs and layouts which help to inspire good design and visual storytelling
- Coordinate information from multiple sources and compile the data into beautiful visualizations, infographics, and charts
- Share best practices and visual updates to help spark creativity and inform design guidelines
- Providing creative support implementing the company’s visual aesthetic for uniform content, visual elements, and purpose, making them more impactful and engaging while conveying consistent messaging of the company’s brand, values, mission, and goals
- Ability to consistently uphold brand style guidelines, and communicate (and potentially teach) these standards to others internally
- Monitors deliverable schedules, communicates timing issues/delays
- Expert in PowerPoint. Like seriously. Be an expert on this one. Know the shortcuts, tricks. Understand how to build templates.
- Proficient in Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop.
- 2-3 years of experience in editorial or presentation design
Your Work Style
- You get things done
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Pro at time management, balancing multiple projects and deadlines
- Comfortable working both autonomously and collaboratively
- Excited at the prospect of working creatively with data
- High level of personal accountability
- Constant hunger to learn and improve
- You bring positive energy to the workplace
- Competitive compensation, stock options
- 100% coverage of basic medical, dental and vision plans plus flexible health spending accounts
- 401k plan
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited vacation
Does this sound like you? Please send a cover letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and join our team!