With 17+ years of experience studying tweens, teens and twenty-somethings, YPulse is the leading authority on youth. We’re a team of intelligent and creative researchers, data scientists, and trend forecasters that help brands make sense of the world young people are living in. Our client list includes heavy hitters in every industry — Spotify, Google, Facebook, NBC Sports, Kraft Heinz, etc. These companies look to us to develop resonant consumer strategies, make informed business decisions, and stay up-to-date in the ever-changing world of youth.
YPulse is hiring a market research strategist to join the award-winning Strategic Services team, the elite SWAT team within the company that provides thought leadership and custom research solutions to our clients who spearhead some of the buzziest, bold and brilliant products, strategies and marketing campaigns. We are looking for a curious and creative leader with a proven track record as being self-motivated, a forward thinker and a steward of high-quality research. This position has a quantitative focus for clients spanning a diverse set of industries.
- Dynamic Storyteller: Impactful storytelling is at the heart of what we do. You will translate data into visual, insights-driven stories that help clients understand young consumers, how they relate to their business objectives, and what to do next. When faced with a set of detailed tables, 300 open ended responses or 1,000 rows in a spreadsheet, you’re excited to dive in.
- Client Management: You are responsible for making clients feel heard throughout the research process. This also means managing timelines, scheduling check-ins, setting expectations, and optimizing each study to meet your client’s research goals.
- Research Design: Not only do you know how to write an insightful questionnaire or qualitative discussion guide, but you know how to clean up the data and interpret the results.
- 5 – 7 years of work experience
- Experience working in market research, supplier-side preferred
- Extensive experience with quantitative research techniques
- i.e. Attitudes & Usage (A&U research), concept or message testing, campaign evaluation, psychographic segmentation, key driver analysis, etc.
- Experience with qualitative techniques and an interest in developing these skills
- Ability to synthesize data into insights and captivating stories
- Skilled communicator and client relationship manager
- Consistent and relentless attention to detail
- Spots errors and anomalies that others miss
- Strong interest in culture and trends — always thinking about what’s next and why
- Passion for studying young consumers
- Flair for data visualization
- Excel, PowerPoint, and Word should be second nature
YOUR WORK STYLE
- You get things done
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Pro at time management, balancing multiple projects, client accounts and deadlines
- Comfortable working both autonomously and collaboratively
- Confident in advocating for your ideas
- A high level of personal accountability
- Constant hunger to learn and improve
- You bring positive energy to the workplace
CONSIDERED A PLUS
- Studies in Market Research, Marketing, Psychology, Sociology or related
- Experience public speaking
- High familiarity with Excel, SPSS, R, SAS or other advanced statistical software
- Familiarity with data visualization programs like Tableau
- Background or interest in graphic design
- Competitive compensation, stock options
- 100% coverage of basic medical, dental and vision plans plus flexible health spending accounts
- 401K plan
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited vacation
- Can be 100% remote