Wanted: Senior Market Research Strategist at YPulse NYC!
YPulse is hiring a Senior Market Research Strategist to join our NYC team.
With 15 years of experience studying tweens, teens and twenty-somethings, YPulse is the leading authority on youth. We’re a team of intelligent and creative researchers, data scientists, and trend forecasters that help brands make sense of the world young people are living in. Our client list includes heavy hitters in every industry — Spotify, Google, Facebook, NBC Sports, Kraft Heinz, etc. These companies look to us to develop resonant consumer strategies, make informed business decisions, and stay up-to-date in the ever-changing world of youth.
YPulse is hiring a senior market research strategist to join the research team in NYC. This person will conduct qualitative and quantitative projects for clients spanning a diverse set of industries.
- Client Management: You are responsible for making clients feel heard throughout the research process. This also means managing timelines, scheduling check-ins, setting expectations, and optimizing each study to meet your client’s business goals.
- Research Design: Not only do you know how to write an insightful questionnaire or qualitative discussion guide, but you know how to clean up the data and interpret the results. During the fielding process, you will be responsible for managing recruitment details, administering online qualitative activities, processing participant payments, and liaising with our operations team.
- Reporting: You will translate data into visual, insights-driven stories that help clients understand young consumers, how they relate to their business objectives, and what to do next. When faced with a set of detailed tables, 300 open ended responses or 1,000 rows in a spreadsheet, you’re excited to dive in.
- 3+ years managing end-to-end consumer research projects
- Market research supplier-side preferred
- Skilled in quantitative and qualitative research techniques
- Skilled communicator and client relationship manager
- Ability to synthesize data into insights and captivating stories
- Consistent and relentless attention to detail
- Spots errors and anomalies that others miss
- Strong interest in culture and trends — always thinking about what’s next and why
- Passion for studying young consumers
- Flair for data visualization
YOUR WORK STYLE
- You get things done
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Pro at time management, balancing multiple projects and deadlines
- Comfortable working both autonomously and collaboratively
- Confident in advocating for your ideas
- A high level of personal accountability
- Constant hunger to learn and improve
- You bring positive energy to the workplace
CONSIDERED A PLUS
- Studies in Market Research, Marketing, Psychology, Sociology or related
- Experience public speaking
- Background or interest in graphic design
- Familiarity with SPSS, R, SAS or other advanced statistical software
- Familiarity with data visualization programs like Tableau
- Competitive compensation, stock options and company profit sharing
- 100% payment of healthcare benefits plus flexible health spending accounts
- TransitChek pre-tax payment of public transit costs
- Unlimited vacation
- Work from home Fridays
Click here to submit a cover letter and resume!