Ypulse Mashup 2008 - College
Thursday, January 31, 2008
An evening of video and discussion with Jeff Milstein, Senior Producer of "Generation Next," a two part documentary which aired on PBS and was informed by research on the current generation of 18-25-year olds conducted by The Pew Center for People And The Press. Jeff will be joined by John Fiske and Jo Muse, two subjects featured in the films.
Friday, February 1, 2008
Anastasia Goodstein, Founder and Editor, Ypulse.com
Stephen Friedman, General Manager, mtvU, MTV Networks
Dan Coates, Co-Founder, SurveyU
Totally Wired Entertainment: Old School to New School
- How traditional brands leverage new media to reach college students
- Are college students still watching TV, listening to the radio and reading magazines?
- How are video games evolving to reach the college audience?
Dennis Adamovich, Senior Vice President of Marketing for Cartoon Network
Graham MacRae,, Manager College Radio Promotion, Warner Bros.
Gaylene Nagel, Lifestyle Marketing, Electronic Arts
Zach Posner, Vice President of Corporate Development, National Lampoon
Rafat Ali, Editor & Publisher, ContentNext Media
Totally Wired Entertainment: The New School
- What do college students like to watch online?
- How the web is transforming the way students consume music?
- Who will be the next Facebook - and what will happen to Facebook?
Michael J. Bebel, President and CEO, Ruckus Network, Inc.
Melanie Hall, President & COO, quarterlife.com
Rich Hull, Chief Content Officer, Blowtorch Entertainment
Jimmy Jellinek, Vice President, Entertainment, Heavy.com
Jason A. Schutzbank, Vice President, CTO, College Tonight
Joyce Kim, Co-host of The GigaOm Show
The New News: Do College Students Care About Current Affairs?
- What media companies are doing to engage college students in the news
- Does news for this demographic have to be participatory?
- Are college students still reading newspapers?
Jessica Baron, Director, Front Page Programming, Yahoo!
Lee Brenner, Executive Producer of Political Programming & Director of IMPACT at MySpace
Samantha Henig, Editorial Director of College Projects, Newsweek
Laura Ling, Vice President Vanguard Journalism, Current TV
Robert Niles, Editor, Online Journalism Review
Ricky Van Veen, Co-founder and Editor-in-Chief, College Humor.com
Case Study: CollegeWeekLive Neil Costa, Vice President of Business Development, PlatformQ, and Producer, CollegeWeekLive
Campus Activism: Using technology to create change
- What are the issues that college students most care about?
- How is technology transforming campus involvement in the 2008 electoral campaigns?
- How do the celebrity and consumer culture contribute to today's campus activism?
David D. Burstein, Director and Producer of the documentary film '18 in '08'
Kimberly Cadena, Press Secretary, ONE Campaign
Cameron Parkins, Culture Program Assistant, Creative Commons
Dan Shannon, Assistant Director of Youth Outreach, PETA
Benjamin Goldhirsh, Founder & CEO, GOOD Magazine
The Roadtrip Nation Movement: Mike Marriner, author and founder of Roadtrip Nation on how a few guys in an old Green RV started a national college movement.
Gen Y @ Work: A Keynote Conversation with Dr. Jean Twenge, author of Generation Me
Meet Some Totally Wired College Students
- Hear students talk about how they use technology to study, play, socialize - and plan their future.
Jake Sasseville, Host, "The Edge With Jake Sasseville"